2 x 88 kVA customised MFS canopies
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
The South Australian Metropolitan Fire Service (MFS) is the primary provider of structural firefighting services to the State of South Australia. The MFS was established in 1867.
The MFS is based in the city of Adelaide, population approximately 1.2 million and capital of South Australia. The MFS is a fully professional organisation, recognised for excellence of service provision and employs more than 1,000 staff across 36 stations (19 metropolitan and 17 regional) in South Australia.
Genpower Australia supplied 2 customised acoustic generator enclosures for FG Wilson 88kVA diesel generator sets for the Metropolitan Fire Service. Some of the key elements of the project were:
- 2x 88kVA FG Wilson diesel generators
- Achievement of 65dBA @ 1 metre
- Heavy duty fabricated steel skid base frame with anti vibration mounting pads
- In built 800 litre base frame diesel fuel tank with accessible drain point
- Unit mounted tropical capacity radiator with engine driven blower type fan
- Fuel feed and return lines from the engine to the base frame mounted fuel tank
- Set mounted industrial exhaust silencer system
- Automatic engine shutdown protection equipment with LCD display to indicate system failures